Seattle Sounders 2 vs. Rio Grande Valley FC Toros (RGV FC)
H-E-B Park, Edinburg-7:30 p.m., Saturday, June 10, 2017
Record and Standings:
Rio Grande Valley FC: 4-4-2-14 points (Tied for Eighth place in the Western Conference) Home: 3-2-1
Seattle Sounders 2: 5-5-2-17 points (Tied for Third in the West) Away: 2-2-1
- The Toros will look to rebound from the disappointing 3-2 loss to Reno 1868, a game where they lost the lead twice. Three Dynamo rostered players (Kevin Garcia, Joe Holland and Memo Rodriquez) joined in Reno to bolster the RGV FC squad that is playing 3 games in 8 days. RGV FC is undefeated in its last three outings at H-E-B Park.
- Sounders 2 are coming off of an impressive 3-0 victory over LA Galaxy II last weekend. Unfortunately for them, forward Irvin Parra who had two goals and an assist in the victory and was named the USL Player of the Week, will miss the game due to yellow card caution accumulation.
OKC Energy FC vs. San Antonio FC (SAFC)
Taft Stadium-Oklahoma City, OK-7:30 p.m. CDT-Saturday, June 10, 2017
Record and Standings:
OKC Energy FC: 4-5-1-13 points (Eleventh place in the Western Conference) Home: 4-1-0
San Antonio FC: 9-0-3-30 points (Tied for first in the West) Away: 5-0-0
- Energy FC recorded its third win in the past four games with a 3-2 victory against Phoenix Rising FC on Tuesday night. Unfortunately forward Wojciech Wojcik, who scored twice, including the 69th minute game winner, fractured an elbow and will be out indefinitely. OKC will also be missing goalkeeper Cody Laurendi who is away on international duty.
- Undefeated SAFC can set a record for consecutive USL road wins with a victory Saturday night. Left back Greg Cochrane is serving a one game suspension after picking up a red card late in last weeks draw with Swope Park.
- SAFC’s success has been built on the back of its team defense. The team has only conceded four goals so far in 2017 and has now gone 555 minutes in league play without conceding a goal. SAFC also leads the league in shutouts with nine, six of them by reserve goalkeeper Diego Restrepo since replacing injured Matt Cardone in April.